Saturday, September 3

Halloween Dessert Table

So if you know me, you probably know that I LOVE Halloween!

What better holiday is there for those of us who love to create? No limits.... no boundaries..... you can have ghosts hanging from the ceiling and rats on your bookshelves..... spiders on the stairs and cobwebs on the chandeliers. And best of all -- Sweets, Sweets and MORE Sweets!

So I'm here to share the Halloween dessert table I created last year for Shindig's Halloween Party Printables. Making the rounds about town (Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Target, etc.) is always my first step in party planning.....You must have a plan, you know!

I'm all about a "do-it-yourself-on-a-budget kind of party," so I went to work "do-it-yourselfer-ing." You'd be surprised at what you can find in the grocery store to help a busy mom have a cute party.... Oreo cakesters, fudge covered cookies, Oreo cookie sticks, marshmallows, Ding-Dongs. These things are MADE to help us mommies at "party-crunch time." Make use of them, ladies! Don't feel like you have to make it all yourself.

In fact, I think the only thing I made completely from scratch for this table were the cupcakes, and that was only the cake part -- I cheated on the fudge frosting, too.

So anybody can do this. Really. And your kids will love getting involved, too. I don't know a child out there who wouldn't want to pour a few sprinkles on something.

Photobucket

Kind of kooky, huh? I had so much fun creating it!


Photobucket


Photobucket

Sweet cupcakes - you can't have a party without them!


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

To make the suckers stand up, I cut a scrap piece of board and placed it inside the serving plate, drilled smalled holes for the suckers to stand in, and covered up all the mess with black crinkle paper filler and purple foil, dark chocolate Hershey's kisses.


Photobucket

I found these marshmallow candy corns at Walgreen's individually packaged. I put them on top of fudge marshmallow cookies (that I also bought at Walmart) and colored some frosting (from a can) with orange gel food coloring. Using a disposable decorating bag and a star tip, I swirled the frosting on top of the cookie, add some chocolate sprinkles and stuck the candy corn in with a toothpick. So easy!


Photobucket

These fun desserts are just Oreo cakesters (Double stuff) with some Halloween sprinkles for color and the Shindig Halloween Collection 8" Sign that I put in an ornate black frame.


Photobucket

My favorite Halloween Trick -- floating candy!! Yes.... floating! Featuring the Halloween Collection's Mini-Candy Bar Wraps (they fit Hershey's miniatures)

The kids around here are fascinated each October when they enter my house and see the urn full of candy on my foyer table, which just happens to be floating in the air! They always want to know, "How? How Ms. Amanda did you do that? How? Tell me!!"

I don't ever tell them, but I WILL tell you. No magic at all -- just Martha!! (From a Halloween issue of her magazine a few years back -- I tried to find the how-to on the internet and couldn't so if anyone out there has a link, please let me know).


Photobucket

I saw these cute marshmallows in a Betty Crocker Fall Baking publication at Target. They were featured on top of cut square brownies (also a great idea!), but I like my food on sticks, so I decided to pierce a couple of Oreos and some marshmallows and make these little treats!


Photobucket

My kids were oooohing over these eyeball cookies. So simple.... just an Oreo chocolate cakester with a little fudge frosting (from a can) on top. I found the eyeballs at the Dollar Tree (6 for $1). They were suckers, but I cut the sticks off and used them to embellish the cakesters.

I'm all about the cute-no-bake-goodies! It doesn't have to be hard to be adorable!


Photobucket

The spiders were so simple. Use a Ding-Dong cake, cut a small marshmallow in half for eyes, and cut licorice for the legs. I also dotted the center of the eye with some black gel icing.


Photobucket


The kids in the neighborhood were BEGGING for these treats to eat. That's the great thing about photo shoots.... when it's all done you get to celebrate the holidays early!

If you'd like to grab a set of the Halloween Printables, they are on SALE now for only $8.00 for the whole huge set. 

Hope this gives you all some good inspiration to host your own Halloween party this year. Have a wonderful weekend!


Photobucket

44 comments:

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

This looks so fun! I hope you know how crazy talented you are! Thank you for all of the tips, too! I am going to have to check out Walgreens for the Candy Corn ;) Have a nice weekend!

Trish @ Uncommon

Jodee said...

Holy cow! I love this Halloween table! You did a fabulous job! This post totally gets me in the mood for Halloween!

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Unknown said...

LOVE it!

Cindy D said...

Ypu did a great job! You are so creative!

Paper-Charmed said...

wow, i bet the kids were super happy...so many goodies. great table.

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

This turned out so darling! I love all the printables! Great job! I would love it if you would come link this up to my Ta-Da Tuesday Link Party!!
http://mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com/2011/09/ta-da-tuesday-link-party-3.html
xoxo, Ashley J

Jen Sue Wild said...

I love it!! what clever ideas!

Erica @ Doodles and Doilies said...

I love it, it is so cute and festive! So many creative ideas. I hope you will link this up to my Delight Me party over at Doodles & Doilies.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

You are so creative! I’d love for you to link your adorable project to Things I’ve Made Thursdays. I’m trying something new this week- We have two sections to the party- one for kids’ things and one for “Anything”!! I think this post would be an awesome addition to the “Anything Goes” party!

Hope you’ll stop by and link up!
Melanie
http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-ive-done-thursday-new.html

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

I love all your creative dessert ideas! Everything looks great - I'm going to try to remember them for Halloween!

Susan,
http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
Party and Entertaining Inspiration

Unknown said...

This is amazing...so awesome!
Following you now

WhyCuzICan said...

Wow, what a fun party table-- makes me wanna stop by and grab a ding-dong spider. Nice job!!

Visiting from JUST A GIRL linky party,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

annies home said...

love it how fun kookiness is good :) come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

How fun to be your kid! You have great talent.

Joni Nickrent said...

LOVE! This is awesome! You Rock! POP ART MINIS

Marsha said...

I'm all about a Halloween party, too. And of course, you've got to have a lot of decorations. Love all your ideas!! I'm your latest follower.

Marsha said...

Hey! I was looking at an older copy of Martha Stewart and ran across the floating candy directions:

For the candy chain, enlarge template to desired size (it is a sprial), and trace onto .005 -millimeter-thick clear acetate; cut out. Hot glue candy onto acetate; adhere one end to the inside of an urn or bowl and attach the other end to the ceiling with filament and an eye screw. From Martha Stewart Living October 2006

Holiday Snob said...

LOVE! as usual....

Priscila said...

This looks amazing! Oh how I love Halloween! Thanks for sharing at Skip to my Lou link party!

jensennp.blogspot.com

Janean said...

love holiday desserts! urs r awesome!!

paige said...

Wow! Love the guy with the worms coming out of his mouth! I would love for you to link up to my new linky party -

Creative Genius @ http://www.thecreativepaige.com

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Wow-what a lot of work went into this! Great job!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

So many great ideas here! I just featured this on my blog today. Thanks for inspiring!

http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2011/09/wednesdays-wowzers-a-bit-of-everything.html

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} said...

Well after seeing your football party and now your Halloween dessert table, I am officially you're newest blog follower and Facebook fan. Love your work!

Katie
www.sweetrosestudio.com

destiny said...

So cute!! I'll have to remember some of these ideas for our party!!

Anonymous said...

That is all AWESOME! WOW I want to go back and look some more. You have done so much. What great ideas!
www.keepitsimpleyay.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

This is just awesome! I love it! I would love if you would come share this at The Crazy Cute Link Party @ Between U & Me! :D

http://www.betweenuandme.com/2011/10/crazy-cute-link-party-22.html

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Halloween Display!

:) Lori m

~Iffy~ @ StayAtHomeNation said...

LOVE the treats! LOVE the table! LOVE how it came together! LOVE the detail! How cute!
I would love for you to link this up to My Favorite Things Halloween Party going on all month! I hope to see you there!
XoXo
~Iffy~
www.StayAtHomeNation.blogspot.com

Erin said...

What a cute display - my favorite is your floating candy. I just had to find the tutorial! Here is the link - http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/levitating-halloween-table-and-treats#slide_2

Anonymous said...

Where did you get Frankenstein the witch and the pumpkin man? I love this table and would like to do it have been looking all over for similar items like them to put candy in but can't find them. LOVE your table!!

isha spa said...

Massage is a great way to relieve muscle pain, soreness, and tension. It doesn't matter whether this pain was caused by physical or mental stress, the massage will work it for you. Visit body to body massage centres in hsr layout

izspa said...

Deep tissue massage is used to treat chronic pains and areas like stiff neck and upper back,low back discomfort, tight leg muscles, sore shoulders, and other contracted conditions.Visit Doorstep Massage girls Bangalore

lipikabri said...

This includes Turkish bathing house body to body massage centres in hyderabad

in Turkey as well as the natural springs and freshwater all over the world in the world, and also holistic spas and massage centers in India.

spa69 said...

Thai massage is basically a gentle movement into yoga like positions while lying on a padded mat. You will be fully clothed in loose trousers and top.Visit body massage at home bangalore

nadnight said...

By working on the hormones and stimulating the body's energy flow, body to body spa near me can boost vitality and promote a sense of rejuvenation.

Ramya Spa said...

we are dedicated to providing an massage parlour near me bangalore of relaxation ,helping you unwind from the stresses of everyday life and leaving you feeling refreshed and revitalized.

shanjanaarora said...

As a sacred and heart-centered practice, Sacred female to male body massage in chennai Lomi Lomi Massage offers recipients a unique opportunity for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing and a deep sense of connection to the universe.

izspa.net said...

While "Rungu Massage" is not a widely female to male body massage centres hyderabad
\ recognized term, it's important to approach any massage practice with caution, proper training, and cultural sensitivity.

lishasingh said...

Enhancing the delivery of nutrients female to male massage near me encourages healing throughout the body and promotes better health.

rennasweety said...

This is because once sexual energy is present, overstepping their boundaries can leave clients feeling abused afterwards, even if greater female to male full body massage centres near me intimacy is desired by them at the time

nancysweety said...

Giving yourself an ice-water facial is just body to body massage in pune about as simple as it sounds: Fill a bowl with water and ice, then submerge your full face in it for 20 to 30 seconds. That's it.

Body Massage said...

I have been searching in the online for long time for this type of wonderful post. In case, if you to know more on female to male body massage in chennai never hesitate to reach out at goodwill spa. You will feel stress free and completely relaxed with our body massage services.

Vaishali M said...

I am, so happy and glad to comment in this wonderful blog post. Best full body massage in chennai offered at goodwill spa for almost a decade!